Skip to main content

Losing my mind



Something is up. I am being more absentminded than usual. Day before yesterday, I didn't notice my boss had sent me a meeting invite. I didn't notice it because the way I've set up my inbox, his mails go into his folder, and it wasn't expanded. It doesn't show new mails in the main inbox folder. I keep checking my mail throughout the day. Didn't expand, didn't notice. Thank goodness, I was in on time and was able to attend it. It was an all day event, started at 9:30, ended at 5:30. Gahhhh!

Also, day before yesterday, I show up at the daycare to pick up M. We have to enter our password and check him in/out for the door to open. When I tried to check him out, it errored out, saying that he's already checked out. I just didn't read what it said, and since there were people behind me, I decided to checkout on my way out. The door was opened by someone and I entered. His teacher Jessy was going to use the bathroom and she saw me and said she'll be there in a minute. I went to his room, he wasn't there. I checked with the other teachers there, and asked if Jessy's class was here (sometimes they're at the gym at this time). They're supposed to be here. Mild panic sets in. Jessy came running and told me my husband has already taken him, and she forgot to tell me earlier. I think, okay, he must have gotten off early and taken him. But why didn't he tell me? My cell phone was off (battery out, I don't recharge it like I should) so he must be trying to call me. Okay, I think of going to Costco to pick up the prints I had given the previous day. Get into my car and then realize, it is HIS turn to pick M up, and also that I had given him the Costco receipt to get the prints THAT MORNING!! I just forgot that I had dropped him off in the morning, and he was going to pick him up!
Yesterday, I excused myself from the meeting around 4:00 to call DH and tell him to pick M up because I'm still in the meeting. He told me he was just going to go. And then he said "You forgot again!! It's my turn again. You dropped him off." I said, no, that I was just reminding him to pick him up. LOL! Nah. He didn't buy that :p

Anyhow, I wasn't able to run much yesterday because of the meeting at work. I only got 2 miles as I had 45 minutes to get down to the gym, change, run, shower, dress up, and heat my lunch and bring to the meeting. If it wasn't for the 100 miles by April 1st challenge, I'd have skipped yesterday for sure!

I haven't shown a Layout in a while. Here is one I did with Sophia Sarducci's stuff.

Niagara Falls



Journaling: May 2002. We were just about to go for the Maid of the Mist tour when this picture was taken. The view from the top of the tower was amazing. And the air was cold, even in May. I hadn't brought any jacket with me, and had to buy one on our first day there.

Credits:
Everything except stitching is from Sophia Sarducci Panty Drawer kit here
Stitching by Christine Nash

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

McCall 6696 Shirtdress review

I finally made the Mccall 6696 shirdress after owing the pattern for over a year! This is my first time making a shirtdress with actual buttons and stand collar. I was afraid of this pattern for no reason at all. It is a very well drafted and fitting pattern. I made a muslin and understood the mods I needed to make for my unique fit challenges. Muslin is so very important for any garment, wovens more so than knits.

We'll talk muslins and adjustments but first, let's get right to the photos!


The fabric is a foil print cotton woven that I got from Joanns. It feels really nice and smooth. I love love this fabric! Went back to check if they still have it but alas, I couldn't find it. I got this dress out of 2 yards!



I made View C - sleeveless dress with straight skirt, size 14. Before starting the muslin, I had decided to take out most of the back gathers. That is the #1 complaint most people have from this pattern that the back is too blousy. I took out all gathers from the …

Whole 30 Biryani

Whole 30 Biryani
This recipe has 3 components that are prepared separately and come together in the end in layers. It looks like a long process but I swear it is not. Took me about 45 min and that included processing the cauliflower. It does use 3 pans but to me it is worth it for this recipe.
Cauliflower rice layer 2 bags Cauliflower Rice (or 1 medium cauliflower riced in the food processor)
1 tbsp Ghee 1 Bay Leaf
1 Cardamom whole (optional)
1″ Cinnamon Stick
Salt 1.Heat ghee in a pan and add bayleaf, cardamom, and cinnamon stick. Saute for 1 minute on medium and then add cauliflower rice. 2.Saute cauliflower rice for 2 min. 3.Add salt and stir for another couple minutes or so. Turn off heat. It will cook again in the last step for 5 min so keep that in mind for the doneness.
Vegetable layer 1 tsp Ghee
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
1 Cup chopped vegetables (I used orange peppers and broccoli)
1 Medium Onion sliced
2 Large Tomatoes, chopped 2-3 garlic, minced
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder 1 tsp cumin powde…

Spring / Summer Capsule 2017

I have been fascinated by the idea of a capsule wardrobe. The idea that a few staple pieces that could be mixed and matched to come up with endless combinations was exciting! While I embraced the idea of a capsule wardrobe, I wasn't sure I wanted to go boring or safe. I'm all about colors and prints while keeping silhouettes simple. When the Capsule Wardrobe group decided to dedicate some time this year to do a Spring / Summer Capsule challenge, I decided to join in and see what happens :-) Best kind of plan.

The challenge was to create 10 of the 16 items that make up a sudoku capsule. It is funny to look back at where I started originally and where I ended up. Original plan contained various images cured from Pinterest and such. It should be noted that this plan was made up in early spring so naturally I included blazers and sweaters.

Spring Sudoku
Now it is June and the capsule is complete! Here it is - 
Now I went ahead and photographed each outfit because I wanted to make…