Skip to main content

I got my wish..



It did snow, though not much. Only a couple of inches. I did take some pictures this morning but didn't have time to download them from the camera. I'll probably do a LO with them soon.

Nothing exciting going on. There was a lot of bad eating and not exercising over the weekend. Hope to go for a run today and to get eating back on track. I made a few dishes with Spinach over the weekend. Still have so much of it left over (had bought a bag from Costco), I'm out of ideas! Maybe I'll just chop it up and freeze it. Mehul loves the curry that I make with pureed Spinach.

He is doing better. He's eating fine now but not completely out of the woods yet. His weight was the same as the 2 year appointment. He must have lost some because he must have gained some in the last 3 months. All the clothes were getting tighter (and shorter. I swear he grew longer overnight). The doctor said his weight is always so precious. LOL! So true. His first year graph looks so zig-zaggy. Anyhow, it's not too bad anymore. My scale hasn't been working for a couple of months now so I don't know how much he has lost. Oh well.

Here's a layout of my 2 guys.

Father and Son



Credits:
Miki Ferkul's Vagabond kit available at Scrapbook Elements.

Comments

Sene said…
Hey, don't worry about the weight. Whatever he must have lost, he will put it back once he gets well. Kids they lose some, they put some. They should be healthy, that's the only thing that matters!!
Yhe LO is beautiful..More than the LO, I liked the quote.....

Popular posts from this blog

Itch to Stitch blog tour

Itch to Stitch blog tour Day 2

Sewing community is such a vast space spanning multiple continents and what brings everyone together is their love for sewing. When someone in this community is hurting, sewists all over the world come together to make it better. Our much loved designer, Kennis Wong - owner of Itch to Stitch Designs, was robbed a couple of weeks ago leaving her with no way to run her business. This blog tour is promoting Itch to Stitch patterns to make up for some of the monetary loss so she can be back on her feet and produce top notch quality patterns again!

I picked up the Newport top in the recent sale and wanted to make a nice top for this blog tour. I'm also really feeling the velvets this time of the year. Stylish Fabrics is one of the sponsors of this tour and I picked up mauve velvet and charcoal ponte to make my outfit.



The pinky mauve color is probably my all time favorite color for nail paint but I rarely wear clothes in this color. I'm not entirely s…

Mimi G Jeans in Simpli by Ti Stretch Denim

Mimi G Jeans in Simpli by Ti Stretch Denim
This is my most favorite jeans I have made thus far! It is Simplicity 8222 pattern by designer Mimi G. It comes with a quilted bomber jacket pattern as well that I will make some day.  What makes this my favorite is the stretch denim I used by Simpli by Ti! The denim has 25% horizontal stretch and is mid weight. It is very comfortable to wear. The color is much more vibrant in person than is on the Simpli by Ti sample photo!  The color in my photos is an accurate representation. It is the true denim color. 

I like the fit of this pair. I achieved the fit by first making all the length adjustments I need. I'm only 5' tall so I needed to take out length from the inseam and also crotch depth. The jeans are high rise and hips are drafted to fit 9" below the waist. I removed .5". I had made this pattern before and the rise is too long on that pair. One of the biggest changes I made to the pattern was to make an elastic waistband…

Sew what do I wear - Professional Edition

This is my first blog tour!! I'm so excited to be a part of the Patterns for Pirates/Made for Mermaids Sew what do I wear - Professional Edition blog tour!

If you're read this blog ever before, you know I love wearing handmade items to work. Ever since I started sewing, my ultimate goal and dream was to make a fantastic work wardrobe that would fit well, look nice, and be well received! I believe I am well on my way. 75% of what I wear to work these days is handmade. I'm still working on getting the fit dialed in just right but each garment is an opportunity to improve.


SOS Pants and Favorite Tee have been staples of my work wardrobe. If you have seen my Spring/Summer Sudoku you know that already :-) I made a couple of nicer additions for this blog tour. I wanted something a little special that would still work in a daytime work environment but elevate my looks a bit more.


I'd been wanting to do a choker neck Tee but didn't want a whole new pattern for it so I hacke…