Skip to main content

Birthday Photos



And finally, some birthday photos. Mehul had 2 parties, one at the daycare, and another one at home a couple of weeks later. The daycare party was on October 4th, his birthday. Sene reminded me about the other party photos, here they are.

Daycare Birthday




Playing outside with the balloon




Favorite Gift - Elmo's Workbench




On the 4th, at home. We decorated a cheesecake!




On the 22nd, we had the 2 Parties in 1 celebration.




And finally, a LO.


*Credits added Nov. 06 2006*
Credits:
Everything from Diamante Designs The Necessaties collection. They are unavailable rightnow, but this collection will be made available again at The Digi Shoppe.
I made the scissors from a photoshop brush and Diamante's paper. Cool huh?

Comments

Christine said…
Wow, great pictures, Shalini! And I absolutely love your LO! It's awesome!
Sene said…
Hi, Beautiful pics. Mehul looks soooo adorable!!And, the LO is absolutely cute! I love the scissors, and the red heart. Keep up the good job!!
Shalini said…
Thank you! I made the scissors from a Photoshop brush :D

Popular posts from this blog

Working on my shorts muslin

I'm working on my shorts muslin for the Wardrobe contest. The pattern I have selected is something that has been in my stash for a while. I never even took it out of the envelope because I was afraid of what I call 'smile wrinkles'. 

They are the wrinkles that form in the front and back crotch areas indicating there is a problem somewhere. So far, I thought my full tummy was a problem and it was not suited for a cute pattern like this, meaning I shouldn't wear cute shorts. WRONG! I have always noticed my RTW shorts ride up in the back, the side seams swing backwards giving a 'duck butt' kind of appearance. It happens to skirts as well but not to that degree. Also, my shorts inseams tend to 'walk upwards' when I move around. 
I have been working on resolving the wrinkling problem since the beginning of January. Remember, this is the Year of the Pant for me? I want well fitting pants so I've been at it pretty much any chance I get. Here I'm showi…

Itch to Stitch blog tour

Itch to Stitch blog tour Day 2

Sewing community is such a vast space spanning multiple continents and what brings everyone together is their love for sewing. When someone in this community is hurting, sewists all over the world come together to make it better. Our much loved designer, Kennis Wong - owner of Itch to Stitch Designs, was robbed a couple of weeks ago leaving her with no way to run her business. This blog tour is promoting Itch to Stitch patterns to make up for some of the monetary loss so she can be back on her feet and produce top notch quality patterns again!

I picked up the Newport top in the recent sale and wanted to make a nice top for this blog tour. I'm also really feeling the velvets this time of the year. Stylish Fabrics is one of the sponsors of this tour and I picked up mauve velvet and charcoal ponte to make my outfit.



The pinky mauve color is probably my all time favorite color for nail paint but I rarely wear clothes in this color. I'm not entirely s…

Mimi G Jeans in Simpli by Ti Stretch Denim

Mimi G Jeans in Simpli by Ti Stretch Denim
This is my most favorite jeans I have made thus far! It is Simplicity 8222 pattern by designer Mimi G. It comes with a quilted bomber jacket pattern as well that I will make some day.  What makes this my favorite is the stretch denim I used by Simpli by Ti! The denim has 25% horizontal stretch and is mid weight. It is very comfortable to wear. The color is much more vibrant in person than is on the Simpli by Ti sample photo!  The color in my photos is an accurate representation. It is the true denim color. 

I like the fit of this pair. I achieved the fit by first making all the length adjustments I need. I'm only 5' tall so I needed to take out length from the inseam and also crotch depth. The jeans are high rise and hips are drafted to fit 9" below the waist. I removed .5". I had made this pattern before and the rise is too long on that pair. One of the biggest changes I made to the pattern was to make an elastic waistband…