- No sugar or artificial sweeteners. This means no soda of any kind, no sweetener in tea, no desserts except occasional treat. Occasional drinks are ok too.
- Green tea 3 times a day.
- Reduced intake of wheat products. This includes pasta, pizza, breads, etc. I initially made whole wheat substitutions for refined flour but found it still makes me bloated and hang on to the weight. As long as I reduce it to once a day, I see some results.
- More protein. This is a big one for me as I tend to go back to my vegetarian lifestyle automatically. I started eating chicken last year. It fills me up and is a good source of protein. I just need to be consistent with it.
- Portion size. I can eat whatever portion for lunch, it's usually ok. Dinners have to be very small or else I get bloated and feel too full. I have seen great progress since reducing dinner portions. Many days I've just been having watermelon for dinner and it's so satisfying and yummy! Again, occasional dinner out with family is ok.
- I get bloated around middle of my cycle and also before my period. I drink plain warm water or warm water with lemon to reduce the bloat and it seems to work.
- Most important of all, walking! I've been walking at least 1 hour brisk walk each day. If I can do it more, I do it. This really helps get the fat burning. I like having this time to myself and look forward to it every day. I take my music and tune out everything else and just enjoy walking.
Friday, August 15, 2014
Halfway through to my fitness goal!
Feeling pretty good this morning. I've been trying to get this extra weight off and making it half way through feels amazing. I have lost 15lbs! I feel like I can make it to the end! I've never lost this much weight before. It has taken a long time but initially I wasn't as strict about it. Since last 2 - 2.5 months I have been more focused on weight loss and am seeing great results. Hopefully the next 15 will go faster. Here's what I'm doing that is working. I will write it here so if I get back to being unmotivated or start gaining, I have a record of what works for me.